Tuesday, April 25, 2006

That was hot!

You gotta love it. I just wrote a scen in my WIP that's supposed to really up the sexual tension. I'm still not sure what the future holds for these two characters but I DO know that a lot of their initial relationship is all about tension. They're always surrounded by people and it's not really appropriate for them to be dating (not that it's inappropriate by any means, but just unlikely that it would happen in their situation - neither is likely to ask the other one out).

So this afternoon when daydreaming plot points I thought of this scene and thought of how hot it would be. Even though my WIP is a romance (ish - I'm still having a hard time placing it but am not worrying about that) I doubt there will be any sex. First of all, I might veer YA with it (trust me, I know there are PLENTY of college women having lots of sex). Second, and more importantly, I don't think the story needs it. Plus, sometimes I think that sexual tension can go so much farther - it can really throw a girl for a loop!

Anyways, the point of the post is that I was writing this scene as The Boy was playing a game on TV. I was totally revelling in it all, imagining the feel of the tension, totally getting into it. I felt bad for The Boy at times cause he would say something to me and I could only shoo him off, not wanting to lose that heat.

Then I did what I always do and read it out loud to The Boy and his first response was "That was hot!"

Just exactly what I was aiming for :)

No comments: