Monday, August 27, 2012

FORETOLD out tomorrow!!

It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the release day for FORETOLD: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction!  It seems that this entire year has sort of snuck past me!  So in celebration of release week, I thought I'd post the first line from each of the stories to hopefully whet your appetite for more!  I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with such fabulous authors and to include their really amazing stories in this anthology!

If you're interested in reading more, here are links to purchase FORETOLD: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction: IndieBound | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Books a Million | Walmart.

Also, just a note to say that if you're interested in ordering a copy of FORETOLD signed by me, you can do so through my local indie, Park Road Books (info here).

I hope y'all enjoy reading these stories as much as I did!



Gentlemen Send Phantoms
by Laini Taylor

"Once, when the moon was younger than it is tonight and not as plump, three girls gathered by a hearth to bake a dreamcake."

Burned Bright
by Diana Peterfreund

"Tonight, the lodge will be shaken off its foundation by the power of our prayers."

The Angriest Man
by Lisa McMann

"On the day the angriest man died, his bones cursed the bed they lay in. Inside the box, the bones seethed and growled."

Out of the Blue
by Meg Cabot

"Interview of Dr. John R. Hall; RESTRICTED ACESS: EYES ONLY; 'Well, I can't say I wasn't expecting you.'"

One True Love
by Malinda Lo

"It is never lucky for a child to kill her mother in the course of her own birth."

This Is a Mortal Wound
by Michael Grant

"Here is what I said to Ms. Gill: 'All you care about is being in charge and pushing us around.'"

Misery
by Heather Brewer

"Misery was a strange name for a town, and Alek wasn't at all certain that it was fitting."

The Mind is a Powerful Thing
by Matt de la Pena

"Joanna's sixteenth birthday celebration kicked off at a small apartment in West L.A. where her and her girls always went to pre-party."

The Chosen One
by Saundra Mitchell

"I suppose there's nothing to distinguish Vernal, except that it's my home and it has a prophecy."

Improbable Futures
by Kami Garcia

"When I was six years old, my mom sent me to school for a month.  It was the first and last time I ever set foot in a real school."

Death for the Deathless
by Margaret Stohl

"It's not possible.  It can't be. The end of the world should come at the end.  Not now."

Fate
by Simone Elkeles

"As I step off the bus with my duffel, I stare at the sign across the street welcoming me to my new home.  Seaside Campground and RV Park.  I never thought I'd be homeless at the age of eighteen."

The Killing Garden
by Carrie Ryan

"They say my father wept at my birth.  Not from joy, but from agony that I was born a daughter rather than a son."

Homecoming
by Richelle Mead

"I hadn't expected to be back in Russia so soon.  I certainly didn't want to be."

2 comments:

Victoria said...

How did I miss this? All these great authors. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Amy said...

This sounds like an excellent collection of short stories. So many awesome authors!! I will have to check it out. :)